Love the idea of using more exotic fresh herbs in your cooking, but not sure where to begin? Thai basil and tarragon are two to try.
Thai basil and tarragon are richly flavored, leafy green herbs — both have the aroma of anise or licorice — that can add interest to mild-tasting vegetables, fruits and proteins as well as sauces, dressings and other condiments.
Often used in Asian cooking, Thai basil pairs well with sweeter flavors like the pineapple in this fruit salsa.
Thai Basil Pineapple Salsa
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss well to combine. Let sit for an hour in the