Flawless skin does not exist and having a beautiful complexion takes some work. Especially when you have black spots or dark patches on your face. Latinas often have a difficult time finding the perfect cover up tone that matches your skin, and it’s even worse when these dark spots pop up.
These dark spots may be due to excess secretion of melanin on the skin, too much sun, hormone imbalance, reactions to medications, vitamin deficiencies, lack of sleep, or even too much stress. It’s important to speak to your doctor or see a dermatologist so they could help you find the cause of these imperfections. Unfortunately, because we come in different shapes and colors, there isn’t one product that can help, or is there?
Quick Fix Solutions
- Potatoes: Slice potatoes and place slices on top of your black spots, leave for a couple of minutes, then remove and wash your face.
- Aloe Vera: This is used in several moisturizers, but it’s more effective when you use the plant. You can either use bits and pieces of aloe or the juice and apply it directly on your face.
- Papaya: It contains papain, an enzyme that exfoliates skin when you apply the pulp on your skin and leave it for about 20 minutes. You can also add lime juice to get rid of your black spots.
- Lemon juice: The vitamin C in lemons can lighten your dark spots on your face. Apply the lemon juice with cotton, once it dries wash it off.
- Oatmeal: This is often used in many facials and it’s great to exfoliate your skin. Grind up some oatmeal with lemon juice to make a paste and apply on your skin.