When it comes to eating a healthy balanced diet, we’ve always been told to hold the salt. Eating too much salt can make you develop high blood pressure and even diabetes. But, salt has anti-bacterial properties, it can be used as a preservative, can be used on wounds since it’s antimicrobial, and is great as a beauty enhancer.
LIKE DailyVitamina.com on Facebook! Get Your Daily Vitamin…FOR LIFE!
More and more people are using sea salt because it’s better than refined salt. Sea salt comes from the process of evaporation of ocean and saline lake water. Once the water evaporates it leaves these salts behind. It’s more pure than refined salt, which comes from salt deposits in mines and it is heavily processed.
- Bath Salts: Epsom salts are very popular because the magnesium sulfate in these salts help reduce inflammation in sore tired feet, as well as achy muscles and joints. It can also help you relax and even improve quality of sleep.
- Toothpaste: If you run out of toothpaste don’t worry, combine salt, baking soda and water to create your own toothpaste. Salt has anti-bacterial properties and baking soda helps whiten your teeth, so it’s a great option.
- Salt Scrub: The roughness from the salt is a natural exfoliator that can smooth away dead cells and leave your skin feeling soft. Sea salt absorbs toxins from the skin, so it also helps you detoxify. You can make a simple paste from water or oil with salt and apply to your skin during your shower.
- Dandruff Treatment: If you suffer from dandruff, apply salt to your scalp while showering, it helps loosen and remove dandruff, while stimulating circulation to your scalp. It also absorbs oil and moisture, which prevents fungal growth.
- Deodorant: Since salt is anti-bacterial, you can buy a salt crystal deodorant out in the market that kill the bacteria the cause odor. Or you can make your own deodorant at home by adding baking soda and salt and creating a paste to use as deodorant.