After winter, many complain about dry, flaky skin and blotchiness.
LIKE LatinoDoctor.org http://LatinoDoctor.org on Facebook! La vitamina diaria…Para Su Vida!
Particularly with prom and bridal season upon us, spring is the ideal time to rejuvenate that winter complexion and face the world with radiant skin. While a new face cream may help, Massage Envy Spa experts recommend professional facial treatments for a healthy, rosy glow.
“Facials are ideal for treating skin that has been battered by winter winds and dry, indoor heat,” states Doreen Ellinwood, Massage Therapist and Vice President of Regional Operations for Massage Envy Spas in Northern Kentucky. “The combination of specialized products and professional massage techniques can significantly boost your radiance.”
“It’s important to realize that facials are not ‘one size fits all,'” Ellinwood adds. “We customize our facials to address the specific needs of different skin types.”
To determine which type of facial is best for your skin, Ellinwood recommends the following:
- Schedule an appointment for a facial with a professional, licensed esthetician
- Discuss your skincare concerns before your treatment
- Ask the esthetician for a skin analysis
- Schedule regular facials for cumulative benefits
To ensure healthy skin between appointments, Ellinwood offers these tips:
- Stay hydrated
- Keep your hands away from your face
- Avoid over-scrubbing, over-cleaning or over-treating skin
- Always wash your face before bedtime
- Replace heavy foundations and moisturizers with lighter formulas containing a higher SPF
Between seeking professional assistance and adopting some new skincare tips, the ravages of winter on facial skin can be effectively remedied.