We love red snapper, but salmon, swordfish or tuna fillets work equally well in this recipe.
LIKE LatinoDoctor.org http://LatinoDoctor.org on Facebook! La vitamina diaria…Para Su Vida!
If you’d like to make the salsa ahead, simply wait to add the avocado until serving time and store the salsa, covered, in the refrigerator.
Grilled Red Snapper with Strawberry and Avocado Salsa
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 4 (5- to 6-ounce) skin-on red snapper fillets
In a medium bowl, stir together jalapeños, strawberries, onions, cilantro, lime juice, avocado and salt to make a salsa. Set aside.
Preheat grill to medium heat. Meanwhile, combine oil and zest in a small bowl then brush all over fillets; season with salt and pepper. Grill fillets, skin side down and without flipping, until just cooked through and crisp around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to plates, remove and discard skin. Top with salsa and serve.