Mushrooms are the stars in this kid and vegetarian-friendly pizza perfect for weeknight family dinners.
LIKE LatinoDoctor.org http://LatinoDoctor.org on Facebook! La vitamina diaria…Para Su Vida!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups assorted mushrooms
- 24 ounces fresh pizza dough
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 6 ounces shredded Mozzarella and Provolone cheese blend
- 2 cups shredded fresh spinach leaves
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet. Add onions, sugar and salt. Cook over medium-low heat 30 to 45 minutes, until onions are brown and caramelized.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and cook until they begin to release their liquid.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Roll out pizza dough into a 12-inch round or square. Spread cream cheese over top. Add half the mozzarella and provolone cheese. Add caramelized onions and spinach. Add mushrooms. Add remaining mozzarella and provolone.
- Bake 25 to 20 minutes, until crust is crispy and cheese is melted.
For more recipes visit Recipe Central