Lena Dunham suffers from endometriosis and recently we heard she suffered from a ruptured cyst. Endometriosis is a condition where the tissue that lines the uterus is found outside the uterus. When a woman has her period, she sheds the uterine lining, but those that have endometriosis don’t. Instead the uterine lining builds up into scar tissue, causing swelling and acute pain during their period. In most cases, endometriosis is genetic, but often diagnosis can be extremely difficult.
LIKE DailyVitamina.com on Facebook! Get Your Daily Vitamin…FOR LIFE!
What are the signs?
- Painful menstruation, severe cramps lasting over 2 days
- Pelvic pain from time to time
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Infertility problems
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Urinary tract difficulties
- Rectal pain
- Immune and allergy-related disorders