Friday the 13th is one of those dates that some people are superstitious about because they associate this date with bad luck. Fear is part of our everyday life and most people, whether they want to admit it or not have a fear of something. This doesn’t necessarily mean that they have a phobia, even though having a phobia is more common than you think.
LIKE DailyVitamina.com on Facebook! Get Your Daily Vitamin…FOR LIFE!
A phobia is a type of anxiety disorder, it’s a strong and sometimes irrational fear of something that poses little or no real danger to most. Not all phobias are serious, but if a phobia affects your everyday life, there are therapies to overcome those specific fears. The National Institute of Mental health estimates that 8.1% of adults have a phobia.
Top 10 Phobias
- Arachnophobia: Fear of spiders
- Social phobia: Fear of social or public situations
- Acrophobia: Fear of flying
- Agoraphobia: Fear of open or public spaces
- Claustrophobia: Fear of enclosed spaces
- Emetophobia: Fear of vomiting or choking
- Acrophobia: Fear of heights
- Cancerphobia: Fear of developing cancer
- Brontophobia: Fear of thunderstorms
- Necrophobia: Fear of death