It’s no wonder that many sunscreen products, lotions, face creams, and even perfumes include coconut oil. It is one of the few foods that can be classified a superfood and that actually taste and smell delicious. In fact, in countries where people use coconut and coconut oil in everyday cooking are some of the healthiest with very low rates of heart disease.
What Are The Health Benefits of Coconut Oil?
- A high amount of medium-chain fatty acids or triglycerides. This makes it harder for our bodies to convert them into stored fat and easier to burn off.
- Good For Your Heart. It can improve blood cholesterol levels and can lower your risk of heart disease.
- Hair: If you apply it on your scalp it can help you get rid of dandruff. It also makes your hair shiny and healthy.
- Dry Skin: It is an all natural moisturizer and improves the lipid content of the skin. In addition, it can block about 20% of the sun’s ultraviolet rays, so it’s great as a sunscreen too.
- Lose Weight: Coconut oil can help you reduce your appetite and increase fat burning, especially dangerous fat in your abdomen that surround your organs.
- Boosts Immune System: It contains antimicrobial lipids, lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid which have antifungal, antibacterial, and have antiviral properties.
- Digestive System: It helps improve the digestive system and prevents various stomach and digestion problems like irritable bowel syndrome.
- Alzheimer’s Disease: It promotes brain health and prevents dementia.
- Diabetes: It helps regulate blood sugar, especially when your sugar levels are high.
- Bones: It’s a great form of calcium and magnesium, which is beneficial to your teeth and bone health. It also decreases tooth decay and makes your teeth stronger.