Lora Jensen aka the Potty Training Queen is getting a lot of attention on social media because she claims that she can help you potty train your child in just 3 days. Many parents are in awe because potty training can be a difficult and stressful task. This requires a lot of chasing around, many temper tantrums, aggravation, and lots of messy accidents in the process.
Most healthy children are ready to start using the bathroom between the ages of 2 and 3 years old. Jensen has an e-book with all of the tricks and training methods needed to potty train your child over a long weekend. With as expensive as diapers are, good advice comes in handy.
- Potty training could be a stressful and even scary experience when you’re first introducing the toilet to a child, so make them feel as comfortable as possible.
- Many children are afraid of the big toilet seat, so purchase a special potty. By using one, they’ll feel comfortable and something as simple as that will make him feel special.
- Talk to them about what they’re doing. Tell them that they are big boys and girls and that a child their age go to the bathroom, not in their diapers.
- Talk to them and make sure they understand what’s going on. It shouldn’t be a scary experience.
- Try a song; there are many potty songs you can teach your child to make this experience fun. There are also videos and books you can read together.
- Make them feel proud of their achievements. Use treats and surprises once they go in the potty, such as stickers.
- Remind them to flush. Once they’re comfortable going in the big toilet, remind them to flush it and if you have to reward them for doing so, do it.
- Throw out the diapers. Let them walk around in just their underwear so that they could get used to the idea.