This light and delicious parfait is perfect for a summertime dessert or a filling breakfast treat. If needed, make the cashew cream a day or two in advance and keep refrigerated.
LIKE LatinoDoctor.org http://LatinoDoctor.org on Facebook! La vitamina diaria…Para Su Vida!
- 1 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 1 (16-ounce) container strawberries, hulled and chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 cups diced cantaloupe or honeydew melon
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
Place cashews in a bowl and cover with warm water. Let sit 2 hours to soften. Drain soaked cashews and discard liquid. Place cashews, 3/4 cup water, honey, vanilla and salt in a blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mash half of the strawberries with a fork or potato masher until juicy. Stir in remaining chopped strawberries and basil. In parfait glasses, layer cashew cream, strawberries, melon and almonds. Repeat with remaining ingredients.