Nike knows that athletes can’t improve what they can’t measure and that better information provides greater motivation. To give all athletes an accurate and universal way to measure their daily activity Nike created NikeFuel in 2012. Uniquely designed to measure whole-body movement regardless of the wearer’s age, weight or gender, NikeFuel tracks activity in an intuitive and motivational way. It allows users to compare NikeFuel output with other users or with elite athletes across different types of activity.
LIKE LatinoDoctor.org http://LatinoDoctor.org on Facebook! La vitamina diaria…Para Su Vida!
Nike can deliver extra motivation and insights by analyzing collective NikeFuel data and informing athletes how performance is impacted by various factors. On the eve of summer, Nike taps the power of NikeFuel data and 2013 weather data to show Nike+ users how temperature, rain and snow impacted their own physical activity, and to share activity patterns from across the U.S.
A key fact that stands out from the data is that the sweet spot for physical activity in the US is 66°. That’s the magic temperature at which the Nike+ community moves the most, earning an average of 3,304 NikeFuel.
ADDITIONAL NIKEFUEL WEATHER ACTIVITY MAP FINDINGS:
- Across the country, the U.S. is least active when it’s below freezing, earning on average 6.5% less NikeFuel a day at 2,993.
- When the temperature is 30-40° the U.S. performs 4.6% below average, earning 3,053 NikeFuel a day.
- Portland rains on Seattle’s parade, earning 4.9% more daily NikeFuel on rainy days than the “Rain City.”
- Dueling for best in the desert, Las Vegas leaves Phoenix in the dust, earning 8% more NikeFuel at 105° highs.
- When the high is below freezing, Minneapolis and St. Paul are the best in the U.S., earning 12% more NikeFuel than Denver and 11% more than Anchorage.
Perhaps it’s no surprise that physical activity increases during warmer weather and the cold robs athletes of the desire to move more, but monitoring the extremes at each end of the thermometer enables athletes to identify ways to improve or optimize their performance. This insightful data visualization tool delivers value to individual NikeFuel users by showing exactly how much they move (or don’t) in very specific weather conditions. Athletes can then choose/select/optimize specific training services (apps), footwear and apparel to really get after it this summer, in any weather condition.
See more data trends at the NikeFuel Weather Activity Map.