It is the perfect time to enjoy some warm, mouthwatering soup! Fight the cold weather with a creamy Butternut Squash Chipotle Bisque. It will surely heat up these cold winter days. For additional scrumptious recipes, visit www.ViveMejor.com
LIKE LatinoDoctor.org on Facebook! La vitamina diaria…Para Su Vida!
Butternut Squash Chipotle Bisque
· 3 Tbsp. olive oil
· 1 medium butternut squash
· 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
· 1/2 cup chopped celery
· 1/2 cup chopped carrot
· 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
· 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
· 6 cups water
· 3 tsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
· 1/2 cup Mexican crema [or sour cream]
· 1 Tbsp. Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise
READ: Healthy Appetizer: Roasted Eggplant Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Grease 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil; set aside.
2. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds, discarding as much stringy pulp as possible. Rinse seeds with cold water in sieve; reserve.
3. Arrange squash in prepared dish, cut side down, then pierce with fork. Roast 45 minutes or until squash is very tender; cool.
4. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in 4-quart saucepot over medium-high heat and cook onion, celery and carrots, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic and Knorr Chicken flavor Bouillon and cook 2 minutes. Scoop flesh from squash into saucepot. Stir in water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 30 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
5. Meanwhile, heat 8-inch skillet over medium heat and toast reserved squash seeds, stirring frequently, 15 minutes or until crunchy. Season, if desired, with salt; set aside.
6. Cool soup slightly, then process, in batches, in blender or food processor until very smooth. Return soup to saucepot; keep warm. Stir in 2 teaspoons chipotle peppers.
7. Combine crema, Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise and remaining 1 teaspoon chipotle peppers in small bowl. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper. Garnish soup with dollop of chipotle cream and toasted squash seeds.
· Cost per recipe*: $3.89. Cost per serving*: $0.49. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.