It looked like an octopus’ tentacles coming out of the giant pot in the corner of your grandmother’s sala. The green arms grew long and thick and when you broke off a piece of it, the clear sticky ooze and fresh smell of dirt emerged from the plant.
The aloe vera plant is native to northern Africa but has has held a loving place in Latino hearts for some time due to all its health benefits.
The sappy secretion of the plant can be consumed or applied directly to the skin. Of all different remedies, the plant has been known to help the skin above all else, especially in cases of sun burn. In addition, aloe has been known to help heal bruises, alleviate rashes, heal blisters, replace body lotion and even be used as hair conditioner. medicinal and healing purposes. Recorded for the first known time on a Sumerian tablet 2100 B.C., the aloe vera plant has been used by everyone from the Romans to the Egyptians for everything from beauty to kidney healing.
Of the following uses for the aloe vera plant, research still must be done for the more intense conditions.
Limited evidence suggests that extract from Aloe vera in a water-soluble cream may be an effective treatment of genital herpes in males.
Early evidence suggests that an extract from aloe in a hydrophilic cream may be an effective treatment of psoriasis vulgaris.
Seborrheic dermatitis (seborrhea, dandruff)
Early research on aloe lotion suggests effectiveness for treating seborrheic dermatitis when applied to the skin. Further research is needed in this area before a conclusion can be made.
When consumed, aloe very can help with:
- Drinking or consuming the inner lining of the aloe leaves has been used as a laxative.
- Take a swig to reduce symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome including bloating and discomfort.
- Take aloe orally to relieve heartburn, arthritis and rheumatism pain.
- Boil leaves in a pan of water and breathe in the vapor to alleviate asthma.
- Drink to lower blood sugar levels—especially for people with diabetes
- Strengthen gums and promote strong, healthy teeth by taking orally or use toothpaste with aloe vera ingredients.
- Drink to help ease congestion, stomach ulcers, colitis, hemorrhoids, urinary tract infections and prostate problems.
- Take orally to reduce cholesterol and triglycerides for a healthy heart.
- Sip to minimize inflammation and infection of the eye and ear.