Did you know that you can add a teaspoon of chia seeds to your favorite beverage to get a quick and convenient nutrient boost?
LIKE LatinoDoctor.org http://LatinoDoctor.org on Facebook! La vitamina diaria…Para Su Vida!
Since nothing says summer like a glass of refreshing iced tea, Nutiva superfoods partnered with Numi Organic Tea to create these delicious recipes combining iced tea made with Numi Tea and Nutiva Chia Seeds.
Chia seeds are a rich source of protein, beneficial antioxidants, essential omega-3 fatty acids and fiber.
These super seeds are also an excellent source of essential minerals such as phosphorous, manganese, calcium, sodium and potassium. Adding chia seeds to your favorite beverage actually helps you feel satiated and is a great way to get your nutrients throughout the day.
Iced Mint Tea with Chia Seeds
Iced Mint Tea is refreshing and invigorating; chia seeds add omega-3s, protein, antioxidants and fiber.
1/2 tsp. Nutiva Organic White Chia Seeds
2 tbsp. water, room temperature
1 Numi Organic Tea – Moroccan Mint teasan bag
1 cup water, boiling
Fresh mint leaves to garnish
1. Add chia seeds to 2 tbsp. of room temperature water. Stir to combine, and set aside for 5 minutes, until chia softens.
2. Meanwhile, bring 1 cup of water to boil.
3. Steep tea bag in hot water for 5 minutes.
4. Discard teasan bag and pour tea into a tall glass. Add chia seeds and stir to combine.
5. Top with ice, garnish with fresh mint and serve.
Optional: Add strawberry slices.