DIY Mani-Pedi +Tips To Keep Nails Strong
The beauty industry is a 20 billion dollar industry and any woman will tell you that beauty maintenance doesn’t come cheap. On average you can expect to spend about $20 on a manicure and about $40 on a mani-pedi. Some women feel that it’s an unnecessary expense and they enjoy taking care of their nails at home and save the mani-pedi’s for special occasions. It’s actually pretty simple and therapeutic because it’s fun to do some self-care pampering at home.
LIKE DailyVitamina.com on Facebook! Get Your Daily Vitamin…FOR LIFE!
[ione_facebook_like_box url_segment=dailyvitamina height=”260”]
If you suffer from weak brittle nails that break often, check out these tips to keep you nails strong:
- Drink plenty of water
- Wear gloves when you wash dishes
- Trim your nails often
- Moisturize and add cuticle oil to your nails at night
- Eat more protein and biotin
- Drink more milk (vitamin D)
- Eat more healthy Omega-3s
- Buy nail polish that have nourishing vitamins and oils
- Don’t bite your nails, play with your cuticles or use your nails as tools
- Take vitamins
The first thing you have figure out is what you’re going to need for your nails.
You will need:
- Nail polish remover and cotton balls
- Nail file
- Sugar scrub to exfoliate
- Cuticle oil and tools
- Buffing block
- Nail polish (base coat, color, and top coat)