Makeup can really improve your appearance and build up your attribute and it’s an art that is in constant innovation much in accordance to the latest fashion trends. The most popular recent trends include defining and sculpting our facial features to add dimension to our face. This can be accomplished through contouring or strobing. Although they accomplish similar goals, the results and application are quite different.
What Is Contouring?
Contouring creates the illusion of very defined chiseled features through the combination of darker skin tone shades, with lighter shades. The purpose of this technique is to subtly help define your natural features through shading and highlighting. Contouring can provide very flattering results, however, it is very time consuming and requires more skill than strobing.
- Using a small eyeshadow brush apply a matte shade slightly darker than your natural skin tone on your temples, under your cheekbones and under your jawline
- Use a regular foundation brush and tap it into the contour lines you have created to avoid demarcation lines
- Add a bright colored blush to the apples of your cheeks
- Add a highlighter along your forehead, cheekbones and bridge of your nose
- Extra highlighting will give you a dewy, shimmery, more youthful glow
See it here: