Foods That Help Reverse the Damage
People are often motivated to quit smoking by either the physical or internal health problems that you develop when smoking. If you recently quit smoking, tell your doctor because he can assess the damage that smoking has taken on your body. Fortunately, there are ways that you can clear your lungs naturally. You can begin by doing breathing exercises regularly to strengthen your lungs. You can also eat different types of food that can help you, such as:
- Corn: This contains beta kryptoxanthin, which helps reduce your risk of lung cancer.
- Nuts: Brazil nuts contain selenium, which can help clear your lungs of toxins.
- Onions: These can prevent lung infections and even prevent cancerous cells from growing.
- Ginger: It can help release toxins from the lungs, helping you breathe easier.
- Peppers: Just like they cleanse your sinuses, they can clear the mucus in your lungs and nicotine in your lungs
- Water: Keeping hydrated with water is the best way to cleanse any toxins from your body.
- Cabbage: Any cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower can also naturally cleanse your body from the toxins in your body.
NEXT: Achy feet, Numbness and Cramping Could Mean You Have Clogged Arteries