LIKE DailyVitamina.com on Facebook! Get Your Daily Vitamin…FOR LIFE!
No one really knows where or how April 20 became “Weed Day” but it is rumored that it was born in the 1970’s. Students from the San Rafael High School in California would gather each day at 4:20 p.m. to smoke marijuana. Over the years the term 420 has evolved and it’s even the police radio code in California for smoking weed. The legalization of marijuana has been in the headlines again and again due to its medicinal powers and many people use legal marijuana to ease a variety of ailments.
There are many people that support the legalization of marijuana because of the way this makes them feel, especially those that suffer from anxiety and pain from a variety of illnesses, such as:
- Glaucoma: It decreases the pressure in the eyeballs and when smoked it can lower the intraocular pressure in people with normal pressures and those with glaucoma.
- Cancer: It helps prevent cancer from spreading by turning off the Id-1 gene that helps the cancer spread.
- Chemotherapy Pain: Many cancer patients also smoke weed to relieve the pains and the nausea that come with chemo.
- Lung health: Unlike cigarette smoke, weed doesn’t impair lung function and it can increase lung capacity.
- Seizures: It can help control epileptic seizures due to the cannabinoids, these bind the brain cells responsible for controlling excitability and relaxation.
- Reduces Anxiety: Smoking marijuana can also reduce anxiety, but only in small doses because if you overdo it can make you more anxious and even paranoid.
- Arthritis: It can help reduce the inflammation associated with rheumatoid arthritis and even muscle spasms. Many doctors can prescribe Sativex, which is a cannabis pain relieving medicine.
- PTSD: Marijuana is an approved drug to help treat posttraumatic stress disorder, and it is used to treat veterans who suffer from this.
- Parkinson’s Disease: Smoking marijuana reduces pain and tremors, as well as it improves sleep and improves motor skills in patients.
- Multiple Sclerosis: It helps with the painful symptoms of MS, such as spasticity, where muscles in the legs and arms contract painfully.
As you can see many supporters of legalizing Marijuana have more than a handful of reasons and lots of research that supports these findings. In addition studies show that smoking marijuana can increase creativity as well as keep you skinny despite it giving you the munchies. Something to think about…