When we think about exfoliating we think about exfoliating our face to make it look smooth and acne-free. Yet, we never think about exfoliating other parts of our body, like our armpits. What’s the point of exfoliating?
Exfoliating is the process of removing dead cells from your skin; it also stimulates circulation and leaves skin looking smooth, soft, and clearer.
While there are many scrubs and loofas that you can buy to exfoliate your face and body, most of us rely on just soap and water when we shave our armpits.
Steps For Smooth Armpits
- Shave in the evening rather than morning. Your skin can recover at night when you do this. During the morning you’re more active, you sweat, which can cause irritation.
- Scrub away; exfoliate your armpits just like you would your face, arms and legs.
- Apply moisturizing gel and shave your armpits at the end of your shower, the heat and moisture helps soften your hairs and open up your pores.
- Dry your armpits with a towel after shaving
- If you have dark armpits you can benefit from applying fresh Aloe Vera gel on your armpits. Leave for 5 minutes and it can help lighten the darkness.