Petroleum jelly or Vaseline is something that has been around since 1859 and it’s a product that our grandmothers and mothers grew up with. Many swear by this product and credit it for giving them their youthful skin. This jelly is a blend of mineral oils and waxes, it creates a sealing barrier between cells in dry or damaged skin and locks in moisture. Its thick consistency makes it the rapid go-to moisturizer for dry skin, cracked skin, and protection from the cold weather.
Since Vaseline has been around for so many years, people have found that it’s not only good for dry skin but for many other things, especially beauty.
- Put it around your hairline to protect your face when you’re coloring your hair.
- If you forgot to put on sunscreen, applying Vaseline can moisturize your sunburned skin and prevent peeling.
- If you haven’t worn earrings in a while, rub your lobes with Vaseline and that will prevent you from poking your ears the next time you wear earrings.
- Add Vaseline to your split ends for a quick fix that will make your hair seem moisturized(they don’t cure split ends, but helps hide them).
- Add Vaseline before plucking your eyebrows or to tame them.
- Out of mascara? Just add a little Vaseline to make them look thick and voluminous; it might even help them grow faster.
- You can also add Vaseline to your eyeshadow to make it last longer.