One of the most celebrated Mexican holidays in the US is back again, Cinco de Mayo.
To celebrate this traditional gathering, treat your guests to mouthwatering finger food that’s healthy and easy to prepare. Get your taste buds dancing with Quick Chipotle Chilaquiles you can whip up in a flash.
Cinco De Mayo Recipe: Quick Chipotle Chilaquiles
- 1/2 cup Country Crock Spread, divided
- 12 corn tortillas, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
- 2 Tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Your favorite chilaquiles toppings (chopped red onions, crumbled queso fresco and/or chopped fresh cilantro)
- Heat 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook 3 tortillas, turning once, 1 minute or until golden. Remove tortillas and drain on paper-towel-lined plate. Repeat 3 times with remaining Spread and tortillas.
- Cook Ragu® Old World Style® Traditional Pasta Sauce with chipotle peppers in same skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in tortillas and cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve topped with chilaquiles toppings.
- Cost per recipe*: $4.62 Cost per serving*: $1.15 *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
For more fantastic recipes log onto Vivemejor.com.