We asked celebrity hairstylist Davey Newkirk about how to get our own version of the playful, modern Hollywood glam, healthy waves he
gave actress Jessica Alba for the 2014 MTV Movie Awards.
In order to recreate this look, follow these steps from Newkirk using products from John Frieda:
- Newkirk started by applying John Frieda Luxurious Volume Fine to Full Blow-Out Spray all over Jessica’s wet hair.
- Then he blew out her hair using a large round brush to give her tons of volume and a lot of shine.
- After blow drying, Newkirk parted her hair into 2 inch sections (starting from the nape and working up).
- Then he curled the hair with a large 1 ½ inch curling iron. He made sure to secure each section with a duckbill clip and allowed each curl to set.
- Once curls were set, he removed the hair clips and with a flat brush, gently brushed out each curl.
- Newkirk placed a small amount of John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-Up Crème and smoothed it through Jessica’s hair to achieve a perfectly smooth look.
- After, with a large comb, he parted the hair and smoothed it down with a touch of John Frieda Frizz Ease Clearly Defined Gel.
- Finally he manipulated Jessica’s curls with his finger and a brush. To finish and lock the style he sprayed John Frieda Luxurious Volume All-Day Hold Hairspray.