Are you still on the lookout for some healthier options for the big game? If so, here’s one for a healthy quesadilla that you should have on hand!
LIKE LatinoDoctor.org on Facebook! La vitamina diaria…Para Su Vida!
Try this Spinach-Mushroom Quesadillas with Feta we discovered at Whole Food Market
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 8 ounces frozen chopped spinach, drained and squeezed dry
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 8 flour or whole-wheat tortillas, or 4 of each
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 6 ounces Feta
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
Preheat oven to 450°F. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, sprinkle with half the salt, and cook, stirring, until browned, about 7 minutes. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine spinach, cumin, coriander and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Brush tortillas all over with safflower oil. Lay 4 on baking sheets and top evenly with spinach, mushrooms, feta and jalapeño. Cover with remaining tortillas, press down firmly, and bake until tortillas begin to brown and crisp, about 12 minutes. Cool a few minutes, then cut each into wedges and, if desired, serve with your choice of toppings: salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc.