New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz turns 30 today and while the thought of turning 30 may scare some people, it doesn’t scare him one bit. “Thirty is the new 20 for me. If you ask me, 30 is the new 20. I’m just excited for another chapter in my life,” said Cruz to ESPN. “I still feel great. I can run with the best of them and run these routes and still make plays. But 30, at least psychologically, makes me a feel a little different,” he says. Most people do feel different after 30, mainly because they’ve had many experiences.
Turning 30 is nothing to be scared about because for many that’s when things start getting really good. Many people are scared of turning 30 because they think that by this age they need to have everything figured out, but even those that think they have everything figured out–don’t. When you turn 30 you’ve learned a lot of lessons in life and it shows because:
- You’ve had many experiences, good and bad
- You learn to appreciate what you have
- You’re less insecure about making big decisions
- You’re wiser and can offer advice to younger people
- There’s less stress in your relationships
- The best sex happens in your 30’s
- You learn to accept who you are and others for whom they are
- Most of the friends you have by the age of 30 will last for a long time
- You will finally realize that it’s time to save for the future (if you haven’t figured it out already)
So don’t worry, even if you haven’t figured every aspect of your life, you’ll eventually figure it when you’re 32 or 39. Everyone is different, so don’t freak out, set some goals, act on them, and you’ll be o.k. Turning 30 is going to be great!