Super Bowl Sunday: Chef Cesar Zapata’s Black Bean Burger (RECIPE)
Everyone is getting ready for their Super Bowl parties this weekend and if you’re tired of the traditional pizza and chicken wings, why not impress your guests with something different. Something with a Latino zest to change things up. Chef Cesar Zapata loves the Super Bowl and cooking up amazing recipes for his guests.
LIKE DailyVitamina.com on Facebook! Get Your Daily Vitamin…FOR LIFE!
[ione_facebook_like_box url_segment=dailyvitamina height=”260”]
One of the best things about Latino Super Bowl parties is the variety of food. People get excited about cooking up something special. If you still haven’t decided what you are making, check out this awesome Black Bean Burger from Chef Cesar Zapata that will not only impress vegetarians, but non-vegetarians as well.
Black Bean Burger
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed, divided
- 4 ounces cremini or button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 6 pickled jalapeño peppers, sliced
- 2 tablespoons house barbecue sauce, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 teaspoon ancho powder or chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup cooked white long-grain rice
- 1 large egg white
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper