flavor. Like bell peppers, poblanos can be heartily stuffed to make a complete meal. Here’s a meatless recipe that delivers on flavor as well as satisfaction.
- 4 poblano chili peppers
- 4 cups baby spinach or 10-ounce package of frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup raisins, red or golden
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons mild or medium salsa
- 1 cup grated Colby or Jack cheese
Roast poblanos under the broiler on an ungreased baking tray for three to four minutes, turning often until their skins start to blacken and blister. Transfer the peppers to a glass bowl and cover with plastic wrap to loosen the skins. When cool, remove skins and place chili peppers in a baking dish.
Steam spinach if using fresh and chop coarsely. Combine with