Celebrate Mexican Independence Day With Pistachio Chicken Fajitas!
Mexican Independence Day is this weekend and many Americans join the fun by celebrating with fun festivities and delicious food. This September 16th celebrate Mexican Independence Day by cooking up some tasty Chicken Fajitas with Crushed Chili Pistachios. While fajitas are a Tex-Mex classic, they are also a great representation of how Mexican cuisine has become one of America’s favorite! In this custom-made recipe, the chicken fajitas are topped with crushed pistachios – the perfect balance for soft, warm tortillas.
Chicken Fajitas with Crushed Chili Pistachios (Compliments of Wonderful Pistachios)
Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half horizontally
- Juice of one lime
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 large bell peppers of various colors, sliced into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup of Wonderful Pistachios Lightly Salted
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Flour tortillas and pico de gallo salsa to serve